The damage can come from almost anywhere – time, sun, stress. The face’s sensitive skin is continually under attack, and needs TLC to maintain its health, loveliness, and youth. An integral part of any beauty regime is the facial mask. It removes residue within the pores, it replenishes and hydrates the skin, and, perhaps most importantly, it provides an opportunity to take a little bit of time for ourselves and relax.
Nourishing Facial Mask
So much good can come from this simple, weekly ritual:
1. Begin by cleansing the face to rid the skin of dirt, makeup and oils.
2. Ideally, a facial steam treatment will perfectly prep the face for a mask – opening pores, increasing blood circulation, and deep-cleansing. Place a towel over your head and hold your face over a bowl of steaming water for 5 minutes. Keep breathing deeply – it’s wonderful for your sinuses, too!
3. Apply your favorite mask immediately after the steam. Try using a mask brush or your fingers, avoiding the eye area.
4. Most masks should be left on for 3-5 minutes for sensitive skin; 5-10 minutes for dry and normal skin; and 10-15 minutes for oily skin.
5. Remove the mask with warm water, then follow with an invigorating splash of cool water.
6. Apply a facial toner to remove any remaining traces of the mask.
7. Finish with a moisturizer appropriate for your skin type.
Enjoy this weekly “maskerade” party – a quiet, sereme party for one, or invite girlfriends and giggle. Either way, you’ll be unmasking a more glorious you.
Cart is empty
Spa Gift Cards
Spa Shop Specials
Copyright © 2008-2013 mySpaShop.