Stress and the Superwoman
The way in which you cope with stress is based on how you perceive your situation, your ability to deal with your physical symptoms and your coping skills. And understanding your response to stress is the first step toward overcoming its destructive effects.
Try keeping a journal of the stressful situations you experience, how you feel and what you are saying to yourself. With time, you will probably be able to recognize the association between the way you think and the way you feel.
Successful coping is the art of finding a balance between acceptance and action, of letting go and taking control.
Tips to relieving undue stress
• Practice calming techniques, such as meditation and yoga.
• Get enough sleep and plenty of exercise.
• Learn to delegate, both at home and at work.
• Eat healthfully. Good nutrition affects your mood and concentration and provides essential nutrients.
• Allow for down time, lounge in your bathrobe, read a good book and enjoy a hot cuppa.
• Soak in a warm bath containing soothing chamomile or lavender.
• Create a soothing ambiance with scented candles and essential oils.
• Treat yourself to a relaxation massage or a simple manicure. Keeping up your appearances makes you feel good and boosts your moral.
• Listen to soothing music. Soft music can quiet your inner self and reduce stress.
• Do some deep-breathing exercises.
• Plan recreational activities. This will help you to unwind and relax.
• Write down your thoughts and feelings in a journal. It relieves stress and improves well-being.
Shop mySpaShop's Wellness Solutions for the best products for fitness, massage, stress, Sleep, etc. Don't forget to visit Home Fitness for more products to fit your specific fitness needs.