The "Sport" of Anti-Aging... For Men
Think of anti-aging as a full-contact sport. Similar to football, anti-aging involves an offensive and defensive team, as well as a scrimmage line. Think of the outer layer of your skin as the scrimmage line, the offensive team as harmful free radicals, and the defensive team as yourself and the following anti-aging tips!
As we age, the skin on our face begins to loose its elasticity resulting in fine lines and wrinkles, and later develops into deep folds and sagging skin. Because facial skin is delicate and easily damaged through different external agents, it is important to “block” the various factors that can adversely affect it.
• Keep skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Water flushes out toxins and waste products, and keeps your skin healthy and youthful-looking.
• Sun Protection
• Since sun damage is one of the leading causes of premature aging, it is important to apply a sunscreen (no less than SPF 15) before going outdoors. A powerful “linebacker” against age spots and sagging skin!
• Don’t smoke. Smoking accelerates the aging process and interferes with the oxygen exchange needed for proper skin health. It also causes wrinkling around the mouth and gives complexion a yellowish hue.
• Facial Expressions
• Squinting, smiling and frowning causes expression lines. As the skin ages and loses its elasticity, expression lines become more prominent causing wrinkles and crows’ feet.
• Maintain your weight. Gaining and loosing weight can affect skin elasticity and cause dropping skin.
• Diet and Exercise
• Nourishing the skin from within with a diet consisting of foods rich in nutrients will provide the necessary vitamins to renew skin cells; while staying active improves circulation, relieves stress and keeps skin firm.
• Sleep Habits
• Those who sleep on their sides are more likely to see lines on their face. Try sleeping on your back to prevent sleep lines.
• Skin Care
• Start a skin rejuvenation regimen to reverse the signs of aging and to slow down the skin’s aging process.