Ahh the holidays... Can’t not stress about them, can’t not love them! By the time you read this, they will have come and gone. Looking ahead to the new year, here are some tips to look your best and feel your best.
The cold, dry air of winter can wreak havoc on your skin. Key to looking good is to keep your skin hydrated, both from the inside and from the outside.
1) Remember to drink plenty of water. Especially during the holidays, I often find myself at the end of the day realizing I have had coffee and cocktails, and no water. Drinking one glass of water for every cup of coffee or glass of wine will help avoid the grayish, dry skin look.
2) Remember to use a moisturizer that is well adapted to winter weather. Our Alchimie Forever Kantic+ Intensely Nourishing Cream is ideal to use twice daily, or even more if needed. Keep a jar in your bathroom, and one at the office for an afternoon pick-me up.
3) Eyes are the window to your soul… nothing will send a clearer message of tiredness and stress than red, puffy eyes surrounded by dark circles. Sleep on your back if you can. Use eye drops to keep your eyes hydrated and the whites white. And apply our Alchimie Forever Rejuvenating Eye Balm every morning and every evening. This lightweight balm is ideal under makeup, and will help to avoid the “cakey” look concealer or foundation can have on dehydrated skin.
I find my body has a natural tendency to round itself out during the winter. Not sure if that is due to the extra turkey, stuffing, and eggnog I am consuming or to a natural evolutionary (and hence unavoidable) reason (doesn’t extra fat protect from the cold?). Regardless of the reason, keep in mind the following:
1) Even if rounder, most people look best in tailored clothes.
2) Intersperse the heavier meals and unhealthier finger foods with soups and salads.
3) Prefer white wine to sweet cocktails
4) Use our Alchimie Forever Optimizing Body Contour Gel for neck, arms and bust to tighten your décolleté, which is often uncovered in fancy cocktail dresses.
Finally, remember: beauty is all about attitude and confidence; a smile will go a long way to make you and those around you happy.
Read more about Ada Polla
More from Ada Polla: